Mars Protein was born in 1911, founded in Tacoma, Washington State, by Frank C. Mars, who produced the first Mars Protein chocolates in his kitchen, starting the history of this great company. In 1920, Frank's son, Forrest E. Mars Protein joined the company and joined forces with his father to create the famous Milky Way® chocolate and caramel bar, then in 1930, Forrest traveled to the UK to expand its business in European lands, using the principle of "reciprocity of benefits", to this day, this principle is applied throughout the Mars Incorporated group.
Currently, Mars Protein has its global operations base in the city of McLean, Virginia, with net sales of $35 billion dollars, in addition to having 5 important business segments, such as: Mars-Wrigley Confectionery, Wrigley, Food, Petcare, Beverages and Symbioscience. In this way, Mars Protein offers quality and value in all its products and services around the world, having offices and factories in more than 74 countries, helping to satisfy the needs of millions of people and pets.
Mars Protein Incorporated is based on 5 fundamental principles:
- Quality : The consumer is the boss, so high quality products and services are the norm, not the exception. The first ingredient in the products made by Mars is human capital.
- Responsibility : All associates are required to take direct responsibility for their actions, so that you have a staff and associates with a high ethical standard.
- Mutuality : Mutual benefit is shared benefit, and that benefit will endure. In this way, Mars promises to obtain his achievements in a way that does not harm others.
- Efficiency : Mars uses 100% of the resources, and makes the most of the ingredients he uses. Efficiency is essential for a maximum level of productivity.
- Freedom : Freedom is essential to our future. Prosperity and quality are achieved through freedom, not the renunciation of it, which is why Mars has remained a family company since its inception.
Mars Protein complies with these principles at a moral, economic, social and industrial level, so that each product that leaves the various factories owned by Mars Incorporated and its subsidiaries around the world, comes out with a seal of quality in which they are only used the best ingredients (such as chewing gum, cocoa or sugar cane) in the most efficient way possible, following the strictest standards in food production, in accordance with European legislation, providing only top quality products for people and pets. Mars Incorporated is located in Spain through the subsidiaries Royal Canin (pet care and feeding) and Cafosa (chewing gum).