Why are vitamins important for athletes?
Vitamins are compounds without which life is not possible. A balanced dose of them guarantees the correct functioning of the body. Here we detail where you can find and what each vitamin is for.
- Vitamin A: ensures the proper functioning of the retina of the eye. It is formed in the large intestine and its reserves are in the liver. It is present in red pepper, potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- B Complex Vitamins: they differ from the others in that they are water-soluble, so they can be dissolved in water. The group encompasses vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B9, B12. They are present in red meat, white meat, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ, and brewer's yeast, among others. Among its functions we highlight the production of energy, growth, development, synthesis of carbohydrates, formation of molecules, brain neurotransmission.
- Vitamin C: present in citrus fruits, it fulfills the function of preventing the disease of scurvy.
- Vitamin D: allows the passage of calcium to the bones and regulates the amount of calcium and phosphorus in the blood. We can consume it through oysters, caviar, fish, fortified cereals, ham, liver oil and fortified dairy products.
- Vitamin E: we find it in vegetable oils, seeds and green leafy vegetables. It is a powerful antioxidant, protecting body tissues from free radicals.
- Vitamin K: essential in blood coagulation, we find it in green leafy vegetables, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts.
There is an extensive group of "vitamins", among which we find vitamin I, vitamin J and vitamin L , as well as the vitamins that would correspond to the second half of the alphabet, which are not vitamins themselves or are an alternative for name other existing vitamins already mentioned. For this reason, we do not refer to them.
Many people wonder what Vitamin Z is for , but the truth is that there is no vitamin with this letter. Special care must be taken if they offer us a vitamin compound with this letter, since they could be making us fall into a fraud in which the only harmed would be our health.
How to take vitamins?
Of course it is necessary to nourish ourselves with all the mentioned foods. However, this will not guarantee us the incorporation of all the vitamins we need and in the required dose. This makes it practically essential to have a nutritional supplement that helps us to nourish ourselves properly.
What are the main brands?
At MASmusculo we have a wide variety of brands in our online store that offer high-quality products at affordable prices. You will find many brands of sports supplements that offer products with high nutritional value, such as: Haya Labs , IO.Genix , Solgar , Biotech USA , Smart Supplements , Scitec Nutrition , Beverly Nutrition , Amix Nutrition , Lamberts , Now Foods or our own brand MASmusculo SUPP .
We have a wide range of products and brands for each type of athlete.