What are BCAA supplements?
The branched-chain amino acids are leucine, isoleucine, and valine . They are called branched chain because they have a branched carbon chain structure, which is different from the linear structure of other amino acids. BCAAs are found in foods like chicken, beef, fish, and eggs. They make up a third of the amino acids in muscle protein, so they are important for maintaining muscle mass and preventing muscle tissue from breaking down during exercise. They are commonly used to prevent fatigue during endurance exercise, reduce muscle soreness after exercise, improve exercise performance, and help maintain lean body mass when dieting for weight loss.
BCAA supplements are commonly used by athletes who work out intensely and require extra fuel to help them recover from strenuous training sessions. Research has shown that BCAA supplementation may be beneficial in preventing soreness, reducing muscle damage, and improving exercise performance.
Using BCAAs as a recovery supplement can help support muscle growth and repair after intense workouts. It also helps prevent muscle breakdown during times of fasting or calorie restriction by preserving muscle glycogen stores for energy use rather than using them for gluconeogenesis (the production of glucose from non-carbohydrate precursors).
What are they for?
As with protein powders, amino acids are used to: (statements approved and validated by EFSA Regulation (EU) 432/2012 )
- BCAA's contribute to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- BCAA amino acids help maintain muscle glycogen
- Accelerates muscle recovery after exercise
- Reduction of stress or tiredness that the athlete perceives during exercise
- Keeps the immune system in good condition
BCAAs in powder or pills?
When buying a BCAA supplement, is it better to take BCAA supplements in powder or tablet form? This is a question we have been asked many times and the answer is that it depends on the situation.
- If what you are looking for is purity and quality/price , then we recommend BCAA supplements in powder form. This is because the price per serving of BCAA powders are less than the price per serving of a capsule. On the other hand, they are more versatile, since you can mix them with other supplements also in powder form.
- On the other hand, if you want convenience to be able to transport them and even avoid gas, then we recommend taking BCAA tablets instead of powders.
What kind of BCAA formulations are there?
The ratio of BCAAs in your supplement can vary quite a bit. An X:Y:Z ratio supplement indicates that for each intake there are:
- X parts of Leucine
- And parts of isoleucine
- Z parts of valine
Supplements have traditionally been manufactured using the 2:1:1 ratio as it is more similar to the ratio found naturally in muscle tissue, but new innovative formulations such as 4:1 have been developed in recent years: 1, 8:1:1, 12:1:1 and even 20:1:1.
These ratios other than 2:1:1 have other positive effects, as the higher the amount of leucine, the more anabolic the supplement will be. So when you see 8:1:1 or 4:1:1, it means there is more leucine than isoleucine and valine in those formulas. This is because leucine activates muscle protein synthesis more than the other two aminos.
The main brands
Essential BCAAs in any athlete, they are one of the main tools for building lean muscle mass, for recovery, and for improving strength and power. At MASmusculo you will find the main BCAA brands that can help you improve your results
Why buy BCAA's at MASmusculo?
BCAAs or amino acids are among the most important supplements for sports, why? Because they help the muscles recover after training, and prevent muscle catabolism.
We have a wide variety of BCAA's, which you can find from the basic ones to those that include a series of additional ingredients. Each of them will adapt to your needs.
But why should you buy at MASmusculo? There are many reasons!
- We offer a very high quality product.
- Our price is unbeatable!
- You will receive your order within 24 hours (if you live in Spain or Portugal) and 3 to 4 days for the rest of the European countries.
We have a very simple return policy. If you're not happy with the product, simply send it back and we'll refund your money (terms and conditions apply).
At MASmusculo we work so that our clients obtain the best results in their training. Therefore, we offer 100% safe and original products at competitive prices. In addition, we are known for offering personalized attention in our physical stores or on our website by Chat and WhatsApp.