Buy glutamine supplements
Glutamine is the recovery supplement par excellence. In a normal situation, our body synthesizes this amino acid involuntarily, that is, the levels of glutamine creation grow according to the need that our body has of it, but at specific times they are not usually completely satisfied with the endogenous synthesis of food .(+ Read more)
What is glutamine?
Glutamine is an amino acid with the particularity of being the most abundant in the body . Like all amino acids, the body uses them to produce proteins. Glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in muscle tissue. It is also the main source of fuel for the small intestine and the cells of the immune system. This makes it an important supplement for anyone who trains hard and wants to recover faster.
Main properties for sport
Glutamine has a number of benefits, including:
Help maintain normal muscle function during exercise and recovery
Glutamine has been shown to be beneficial for strength athletes because it helps maintain muscle glycogen stores and protects against muscle breakdown during intense exercise. It is especially useful when going through a period of intense training or on a strict carbohydrate diet. Glutamine can also reduce feelings of fatigue during prolonged exercise because it helps maintain normal blood sugar levels by increasing insulin sensitivity.
Increases protein synthesis thus reducing muscle soreness
Glutamine helps reduce muscle soreness by increasing protein synthesis and decreasing protein breakdown. This means it can help you look your best after your workouts, as well as help you recover faster between workouts.
Helps maintain normal immune function
Glutamine plays an important role in maintaining proper immune function, which can help prevent infections when you train strenuously.
- L-glutamine supplementation: effects on endurance, power and recovery . Curr Top Nutraceutical Res. 2013
- Glutamine: a potentially useful supplement for athletes . Can J Appl Physiol: Rev Can de Physiol Appl. 1999
- Relationship between glutamine concentration and protein synthesis in rat skeletal muscle . Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 1988
What types of glutamine are there?
At MASmusculo we assure you that all the glutamine supplements we sell are from high-quality brands for which the safety of the compounds and their quality is an extra. You can find generic pure glutamine formulas, somewhat cheaper than others with quality seals with patented ingredients, such as:
- Kyowa ®, an international manufacturer of ingredients that meets highly demanding quality standards and offers one of the highest quality glutamines.
- Ajinomoto®, has managed to position itself among the best in the sports supplement industry.
On the other hand, in this same category you can find glutamine complexes, high pharmaceutical grade glutamine supplements that are usually mixed with arginine and/or vitamins . We also have a section of Glutamine + BCAA supplements that are specifically designed as post-workout supplements.
- Powdered Glutamine : This is the most common form of glutamine available on the market today. Allows mixing with other supplement shakes or drinks easily. If you are looking for something like that you may prefer plain or neutral glutamine.
- Chewable tablets : Chewable glutamine capsules are usually the ideal option for those who do not mix glutamine in other supplements. They come in comfortable and practical formats with a good taste that make it easy to take.
- Glutamine capsules: These capsules are sometimes not easy to swallow or you have to swallow a large number of capsules to get a good supply of glutamine.
When to take?
Normally it is recommended to take it after training with or without food, cold of course, to avoid a decrease in its effects. The amount that is usually consumed by athletes is about 20 grams a day, a value that will always depend on body weight and is distributed throughout the day in the following stages:
- Before training
- after training
- Before going to sleep. This significantly reduces nocturnal catabolism, and facilitates muscle recovery for the next day.
If you are looking for more information about Glutamine, you can read the following article on our blog: All about Glutamine and How to take glutamine
Why buy Glutamine at MASmusculo?
With more than 16 years in the supplements industry, we are one of the leaders in the online sale of supplements in Europe.
Buying glutamine at MASmusculo is easy and convenient. You can place your order online or call us directly if you prefer to talk to someone directly and get advice, or use the online chat.
- We have carefully selected our suppliers and work closely with them in order to offer you the best prices on all our products, including Glutamine.
- You can find the most popular brands such as Optimum Nutrition , Biotech , Scitec , Olimp , Amix or our own brand MASmusculo Supp .
- A wide range of formats and sizes to suit all budgets.
- We offer free delivery on all orders over €35 in Spain and Portugal
- Our customer service team is always there to help you if you need more information about a specific product or just want some advice on how to use it better.