What are the best Gluten-FREE proteins?
Whey protein is one of the most widely used types of protein in protein powders, and it has many benefits. It's easy on the body and can help promote muscle growth, reduce exercise-related injuries and improve athletic performance.
Whey protein is naturally gluten -free. However, many whey protein powders may contain added gluten or be contaminated with it.
It's not enough to avoid certain ingredients like brewer's yeast, graham flour, hydrolyzed wheat protein, malt, modified wheat starch, spelt, bulgur, oats (unless certified gluten-free), or some natural and artificial colors and flavors . Most of the proteins that you can buy at MASmusculo do not contain these ingredients, but the product may contain traces when packaged in facilities that do process products with gluten. In this case we could say that there may be gluten contamination for this reason. Thus, there is only the possibility of finding gluten-free proteins only when it is certified by the manufacturer, since it has verified the gluten-free production process .
How to supplement your diet with gluten-free proteins
Many of the proteins in dietary supplements on the market today include gluten. This would be leaving celiacs out, that's why you should make sure you consume proteins suitable for celiacs when you want to complement your diet and gain muscle mass without harming your health.
When we talk about getting gluten-free supplements, the task becomes doubly challenging, since the issue of cross-contamination is always present. That is why it is necessary to search carefully until you find the label that tells us “Gluten Free” or “Libre de Gluten”.
Options in sports supplements for celiacs
Is there really a good variety of options in sports supplements for people with celiac disease? Depending on the brand is the commitment made to this sector of the population. Some of the available options are:
- Essential Fatty Acids: here we find all the omegas to protect cardiovascular health, regulate blood pressure and lose weight in a healthy way, since these nutrients absorb fat and expel it from the body.
- Amino acids: among them we have L-arginine, L-aspartic acid, beta alanine and bcaa among other supplements for celiacs .
- Natural Testosterone Precursors: in this group we find maca, among others.
- Weight gainers: you can gain weight by increasing your muscle mass without the need to include gluten in your supplements.
- Whey Concentrate: you can find gluten-free whey protein and benefit from a dairy protein of the highest quality. Achieving your goals of hypertrophying the muscles of your body has never been so easy and healthy.
If you need more gluten-free supplements, you can visit our gluten-FREE supplements section