- Benefits of Meat Protein in the Body
- Reasons to Consume Hydrolyzed Meat Protein
- What does the quality of a protein depend on?
- When to Consume Meat Protein Hydrolyzate
Benefits of Meat Protein in the Body
We can obtain from the meat protein benefits for our health that maybe we do not know. Beef provides us with up to 20% high quality protein. One of the advantages of this source of proteins is that its digestion takes place in the stomach, not in the intestine, as in the case of whey protein. Therefore, it is much more favorable for people suffering from swelling because of the latter.
Reasons to Consume Hydrolyzed Meat Protein
At present, it is possible to access the nutritional contributions of the protein of bovine origin, but without having to consume also the fat and the cholesterol that come included in the fillets that we like so much. Examples of such products are Carnivor Meat Protein or Muscletech Meat Protein, which are 350% more concentrated than a portion of meat in the amino acids that are responsible for growing your muscles and keep them turgid for much longer.
Another reason that leads us to choose a hydrolyzed meat protein supplement is that, having been hydrolyzed, it is broken down into tiny particles that make digestion take place quickly and efficiently, focusing on an immediate result.
What does the quality of a protein depend on?
When we refer to a protein as high or low quality, we are taking into account certain values and components of it. These are:
- Protein Efficacy Ratio (PER): refers to the proportion of the same that the body uses once absorbed.
- Net Protein Utilization Coefficient (NPU): gives us the proportion that is used of the digested protein.
- Amino Acid Rating Corrected by Protein Digestibility (AARCPD): this is the WHO and FDA measurement form for comparing amino acid concentration to what a child that ages 2-5 requires daily. For the AARCPD to be 1.0, a product intake must match or exceed those requirements.
- Biological Value of Protein (VB): indicates the present amount of essential amino acids in the protein.
Protein from red meat are included in all requirements detailed above, with the difference, among other things, that it takes three hours to be digested.
When to Consume Meat Protein Hydrolyzate
It is recommended between one and three times a day for a repairing and muscle building effect.