What types of proteins are there?
Protein powders can include whey protein, casein protein, egg protein, soy protein, or a combination of sources. Whey protein is the most widely used and is available in a variety of formulas including whey protein concentrate, protein isolate, and whey hydrolyzate forms, among others.
- Milk protein : Most of the protein shakes you find in any store are going to be of this type.
- Whey or Whey Protein : its most noteworthy characteristic is its high speed of absorption, which is why they are ideal products to take after training. These can be concentrated, hydrolyzed or isolated from whey. Which gives them a greater amount of protein per 100g of product and better bioavailability.
- Miscellaneous Casein: it is a protein low in lactose, slow absorption, which protects the muscles for longer and increases the feeling of satiety, normally it is usually taken in periods of time in which there is not going to be a continuous intake of protein.
- Egg protein is considered the gold standard for protein and can be combined with other proteins to increase protein intake without adding cholesterol.
- Protein from vegetable/soy sources is preferred by vegetarians and is usually from a hydrolyzed source, that is, it does not provide carbohydrates, fats or fiber.
At MASmusculo we have the catalog of proteins subdivided into the following categories:
What do proteins serve for?
A high-protein diet stimulates the growth of muscle mass , increases strength and energy in training, supports health and provides other benefits, such as improving the health of skin, hair and nails.
Proteins are macromolecules formed by the union of various types of amino acids, some are produced by our body naturally (non-essential amino acids) and others are exogenously ingested with our daily diet (essential amino acids).
We can think of them as the building material of our body, they are used by our body to build muscle tissues among others. Proteins should be consumed daily according to our needs and it also depends on the amount of physical exercise we do and the objective we have, since if we want to increase muscle mass, it is necessary to consume approximately 2 grams of protein for each kilo of weight of the athlete. daily. This need for protein and the limited time we have free makes it necessary to consume sports supplements that help achieve the necessary levels of protein.
The main functions of proteins are : to be essential for growth; provide the amino acids necessary for the proper functioning of the body; act as oxygen carrier; act as a defense against infection. Proteins are mostly present in foods of animal origin such as meat, eggs and milk.
best selling protein brands
Top protein brands at MASmusculo 2021
These are the best-selling brands of protein supplement manufacturers in MASmusculo.com during 2021
If you don't know exactly what type of protein to buy , you can let yourself be guided by the most purchased in our stores: Whey Gold Standard , from Optimum Nutrition, Elite Whey , from Dymatize, Iso 100 , from Dymatize or the economical and popular Whey Protein80
Some protein articles on our blog
Doubts when buying proteins?
If you are still not sure what type of protein shake you are going to buy, we suggest you use our online chat service. We know that we have too much variety of protein brands and sometimes it can get complicated... Our advisors can help you find the best type of protein shake that suits your nutritional needs and the most interesting for your pocket, ask them!
When it reaches?
Depending on the place where you are going to receive the purchase, the protein bottle will arrive in 24/48 hours. Normally the average time in the peninsula is 24 hours. If you place the order from Monday to Thursday you will receive it the next day. But also keep in mind the information that we indicate in our proteins.
- Urgent Shipping Proteins that we have in stock, you can enjoy the protein shake as soon as possible.
- Shipping in X days is about protein products that are in transit or we have to request our suppliers.
At MASmusculo.com we have been supplementing hundreds of thousands of users with proteins for more than 15 years, if you have not yet tried our service, we invite you to do so, all are advantages!